One secret to successful writing that I learned early on (and still struggle to follow) is to write - no matter what. It is essential to find time to write something and exercise that writing muscle in our heads. I am guilty of letting go and putting my writing last on the list. It is an easy temptation since there are so many demands on our time such as work, family, kids, and everyone's activities.
One way to tackle these time obstacles is to establish a daily schedule. Whether you write full time or work full time and then write, it is essential to set time aside for your writing. We give so much of our time to everyone else in our lives, it is okay for us to take this time for ourselves and our writing. I am learning how to do that for my own writing, and I owe much of that to this blogging challenge I'm doing this month. I hadn't planned on it, but it's working out that my writing schedule is between 8-10 on weeknights and 2-3 hours in the afternoon on weekends.
I recommend writing out a schedule and posting it on your desk. I also have placed my desk in a central area in my home. With so many commitments and such a busy schedule, it would be too easy for me to get caught up in everything else and neglect my writing. With my desk in a more prominent place, it is a glaring reminder from my muse. It says (or screams), "I'm waiting!"
So, what is your daily writing routine? How to you keep that writing muscle in shape?
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- Z is for ZERO #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- Y is for Yippee #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- X is for eXtremely Difficult #AtoZBlogging Challen...
- W is for Weary # A to Z Blogging Challenge
- V is for Voice #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- U is for Ultimate #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- T is for Time #AtoZ Blogging Challenge
- S is for Surprise # AtoZ Blogging Challenge
- R is for Reading #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- Q is for Quest # AtoZBlogging Challenge
- P is for Pictures of Me
- O is for OOPS! #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- N is New Content #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- M is for Midway #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- L is for Like #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- K is for Keep Going #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- J is for Juggling #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- I is for Intent #AtoZ Blogging Challenge
- H is for Hope #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- G is for Goals #AtoZBloggig Challenge
- F is for Freedom #AtoZBlogingChallenge
- E is for Every Effort #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- D is for Daily Schedule #AtoZBloggingChallenge
- C is For Creative Writing #AtoZBlogging Challenge...
- Books, Books, Books #AtoZBlogging Challenge
- ▼ April (25)
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2008 (44)