Sunday, March 2, 2008

MEET AUTHOR ROSEMARIE GILLEN





Another visitor stopped by today. Her name is Rosemarie Gillen. She's a children's author and has a great picture book out called Sometimes I Am. Click on the link to learn more about it.



Jen: Welcome Rosemarie. It's always great to chat with a fellow author. How long have you been writing and illustrating?


Rosemarie: I have been writing for children about 1 year and illustrating for children about 2 years.


Jen: Do you have a favorite - writing or illustrating?


Rosemarie: That is hard to say. I like them both. But I guess I will always lean more towards painting/illustrating if I had to chose one. There is just something about bringing your story to life through its illustrations.

Jen: I've heard a rumor that you have a book out. Can you tell us a little about that?


Rosemarie: My first children's picture book, Sometimes I Am, is available now at www.synergebooks.com. Sometimes I am is universal in that every child goes through a number of emotions throughout the course of their day. Each day has its little ups and downs. This book helps young children to understand that such feelings are normal, fleeting and necessary.


Jen: Are there any other book projects you're working on now?


Rosemarie: My current project is a picture book, Anything Is Possible, that takes you on an extra extraordinary adventure and reassures a child that anything is possible when we try.


Jen: Where can we go to find out more about your work?


Rosemarie: I have a web site: Rosemarie Gillen


Thank you Rosemarie. We can't wait to see more of your work!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Children's Author

Analytics